Quickbooks tool hub is Intuit’s one of the best-developed tools to assist users to get rid of almost all the issues related to the Quickbooks application. The tool enables the user to use all the Quickbooks repairing tools under one tool only. Users will not need to download the tools separately on the system. But, there are still other tools available outside the tool hub. One such tool is the connection diagnostic tool. The tool enables the user to build a connection between your server system and the Quickbooks application. Moreover, it helps to assist users in fixing installation issues, company file issues and other issues related to the Quickbooks application. In this article, we have discussed connection diagnostic tools in detail. So, if you wish to get rid of this issue, keep reading this post.
An Introduction to Connection Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can be helpful to fix multi-user issues and network issues in Quickbooks. These issues usually occur when a user attempts to open a Quickbooks company file in multi-user mode. The tool was developed to get rid of the H series and 6000 series issues in Quickbooks. Also, it helps to establish a connection between the database server manager and the Quickbooks application that you are using. The tool is compatible with Mac and Windows versions and Quickbooks version 2008 and above.
You can install this tool to fix any error prompts that you will face while installing the Quickbooks application. Rather than fixing the issue using Quickbooks install diagnostic tool, it can be fixed using the connection tool. It also has an in-built antivirus to make sure that the Quickbooks file and the tool file remain virus-free.
Why Employ Connection Diagnostic Tool
There are a lot of reasons for which we recommend you must use the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool to get rid of the issues. Here are some of the reasons for which we recommend you use the tool.
- Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can be helpful when you have to fix issues related to the multi-user mode and network.
- The tool can also be used to fix all the company file issues on your system.
- Next, you can also fix skipped or missing entries related issues in Quickbooks.
- If you are facing installation issues, they can also be resolved.
- It diagnoses all the issues automatically which save a lot of time that one would invest in resolving the issue manually.
Prior Steps to Perform
Before you proceed with downloading and installing the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on your system, there are some preliminary steps that you have to follow. Check out all the preliminary steps that you have to follow.
- With Quickbooks 2008, you will have to install Windows Vista, XP or 7 operating systems.
- This tool can be used on both Mac and Windows operating systems, unlike the file doctor tool.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you have updated Quickbooks to its latest version. After updating, download the connection diagnostic tool.
- In the end, you will have to ensure if there is any connection made between the database server manager and the company file.
How to Download Connection Diagnostic Tool?
- To download the tool, first, start your browser and then go to the Intuit website.
- You will land on the homepage. On the homepage, choose to download Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Next, you will have to download the tool on the system and save the file on your system.
- When done, you will have to find the file QBInstall_toolvs.exe.
- You will now have to tap on the file and start it on the system.
- Now, you will have to close all the running applications on the system.
- After this, restart your system and then proceed with the installation of the application.
How to Install Connection Diagnostic Tool?
- First, ensure that there is only one version of the tool present on the system. If any other version is present, you will have to delete it from the system.
- When done, visit the OEM website.
- From the website, download the required version of the tool.
- You will now have to tap on the tool icon to start the tool.
- Go through all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Now, when the welcome screen will appear on the screen, tap on the Next option.
- When done, you will have to select the installation folder. To change the installation folder, tap on the Browse option.
- Also, in the license prompt, choose the agree to option.
- Now, you will have to choose the file that you wish to scan.
- Click on the network connectivity option in case you are employing Quickbooks in single-user mode.
- When done, you will be asked to type your credentials.
- In the next prompt, select if you are using a workstation or host PC.
- Now, scanning the file will start. When the process will complete, reboot your system.
So, we have come to an end of this post. We have explained to you in detail how to use Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on the system. Hopefully, the article will help you.
Also Read: How do I install TurboTax?