Did you know that out of home advertising is one of the most effective forms of advertising available? In fact, it has been shown to be up to 3 times more effective than other forms of advertising! If you are looking for a way to increase profits for your restaurant, OOH advertising is definitely worth considering. Keep reading to learn more about the power of out of home advertising and how you can get started.
The Power of Out Of Home Advertising
According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, out of home advertising is 63% more effective than radio, 200% more effective than print media, and 382% more effective than TV in making potential customers go online. This means that if your online visual campaign is creative, impressionable, and highly visual, it will communicate the brand message in a more impactful and memorable way to customers. This is the true power of out of home advertising.
1. What is Out-Of-Home Advertising (OOH)?
Out of home (OOH) advertising is a form of marketing that communicates a company’s message to consumers in public places, such as on sidewalks, buses, or buildings. It is one of the oldest forms of marketing, dating back to the days when merchants would hang signs outside their shops to attract customers.
2. How Did it Come About and What are its Benefits?
Out of home advertising has a long history, dating back to the days when merchants would hang signs outside their shops to attract customers. In the 19th century, street vendors would use sandwich boards, or portable signs that could be worn on the body, to advertise their wares. The advent of mass media in the 20th century led to a decline in out of home advertising, as businesses could reach a wider audience through television and radio. However, out of home advertising has made a comeback in recent years, thanks to the rise of digital ooh advertising (DOOH) technology.
There are many benefits of out of home advertising, including the following:
- It is a highly visible form of marketing that can reach a wide audience: out of home advertising is impossible to ignore, making it a great way to reach a large number of people.
- It is flexible and can be tailored to specific locations: out of home advertising can be targeted to specific locations, such as busy intersections or areas with high foot traffic.
- It is cost-effective: out of home advertising is often more cost-effective than other forms of marketing, such as television or radio advertising.
- It is effective at building brand awareness and recall: out of home advertising can help businesses to build awareness of their brand and improve customer recall.
3. The Main Players in the Out Of Home Advertising Market in Canada Today
There are several main players in the out of home advertising industry in Canada. These include Clear Channel, Lamar Advertising, and Outfront Media. Each of these companies has a different focus and offers a different range of services.
4. Sectors of The Economy That Benefitted The Most From Out Of Home Advertising
So far, out of home advertising has been most effective for sectors such as retail, food and beverage, and transportation. This is due to the fact that these are the sectors where consumers are most likely to be exposed to OOH advertising. Additionally, out of home advertising can be very effective for local businesses, as it allows them to target a specific geographic area.
5. Potential Drawbacks of Out Of Home Advertising
There are a few potential drawbacks to out of home advertising, including the following:
- It can be disruptive: some people may find out of home advertising to be disruptive, especially if it is placed in busy or public areas.
- It can be difficult to measure: Measuring the effectiveness of an out of home advertising campaign can be difficult, as it can be hard to track how many people have seen the ads.
- It can be costly: out of home advertising can be expensive, especially if you are targeting a large area.
While the main types of out of home advertising media include telephone boxes, kiosks, bus shelters and billboards, the state-of-the-art device Oongalee has revolutionized the digital out of home advertising space.
Customers can charge their smartphones on it as they wait on their table at a restaurant for their orders to arrive! Now who wouldn’t want that?
The Final Word
All in all, out of home advertising is a viable option for many businesses and organizations. It is an effective way to reach a large number of people in a short period of time. Additionally, out of home advertising can be very cost-effective. However, businesses should keep in mind that out of home advertising may not be appropriate for all products or businesses.